If you are a MMA fight fan from the valley one of the most anticipated fights coming up is Frank Treviño’s debut for UFC this Saturday in Dallas, Texas. The 32-year-old has made a name for himself in the RGV by defeating every opponent that has been placed in front of him. While doing so, Treviño captured two titles for the STFC promotion in the Middleweight and Welterweight divisions and managed to stay undefeated. Treviño’s impressive resume is something that we will probably never see again here in the valley or any regional promotion out there. It’s been a long time coming for Trevino- after constantly putting on great performances and amassing win after win, Treviño finally got the call from the UFC back in November. Here is what you need to know about Frank Trevino:
- He’s fought 10 times for the South Texas Fighting Championships(STFC), once in Legacy and won all of them in dominant fashion
- He’s a Muay Thai practitioner and a purple belt in BJJ
- Treviño has an immaculate record of 11-0
- Treviño has a finishing rate of 72%
- 4 of his 11 wins have been won via TKO or KO(36%)
- 4 of his 11 wins have been by submission(36%)
- All of 3 of Trevino’s decision victories have been unanimous (27%)
- He’s the only fighter in STFC history to hold two titles concurrently in two different divisions(Welterweight and Middleweight)
- Treviño has 22 rounds of professional experience
- Treviño ‘s UFC debut will be his first fight at lightweight and is cutting from his walk-around weight of 205lbs
- This fight will mark the 4th weight division Trevino has fought in during his career. Treviño started his career as a light-heavy weight.
And as a late great once said, “If you don’t know, now you know”.